The Kickoff Workshop will feature two tracks:
- Teachers and Administrators who are NEW to the CKG program: Get an introduction to the program; learn how your class can participate; and learn more about the program Toolkits and lesson plans. You'll also hear from Donna Stuart (CKG Jessica's teacher) about the Kid Governor program, and learn about other tools and resources to enhance your students' CKG experience!
- Teachers and Administrators who are RETURNING to the CKG program: Participate in a recap and discussion of the 2016-2017 program; hear from teachers who created unique, collaborative, school-wide, and even district-wide CKG experiences this past year; and develop new ideas for expanding and enriching student participation in the 2017-18 program. Bring a local high school social studies teacher along if you'd like to learn about elementary/high school collaborations!
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
- Full overview and scope of CKG from the program's creators! (including tips and tricks for success)
- Free printed copy of the "Toolkit for Classes Nominating a Candidate and Voting" (lesson plans)
- Free autographed copy of "E is for Election Day" book by author Gloria Davis for the first 25 registrants
- Insight into the Red, White & Blue Schools initiative (brought to you by the State Dept. of Education and Secretary of the State's Office
- Pizza and refreshments provided
If you are interested in participating in Connecticut's Kid Governor 2017-18, taking your class' participation to the next level, or simply learning more about the program, this workshop is for you!
Questions? Email Brian.Cofrancesco@kidgovernor.org or visit CT.KidGovernor.org.
Connecticut’s Kid Governor is a national award-winning statewide civics program created by the Connecticut Public Affairs Network and made possible in part through support from the Connecticut Council for the Social Studies and Connecticut State Department of Education.