This month, I have 10 new suggested acts of kindness for you to do this Wednesday, July 13th:
- Your neighbors might need some help with jobs like mowing the lawn or walking the dog - ask them if they need any help!!
- Setup a lemonade stand and give all the money you raise to a charity. Maybe you can give to Alex's Lemonade Stand for Childhood Cancer!!!
- Make cards for your friends or family but put a twist on it!! Make a card full of things that you love about that person and put it in an envelope - you can do this a bunch of times and hand them out to your friends.
- Go through your toys and give the ones that you really don't use anymore to a younger sibling or a friend's younger sibling!!
- When you take out a library book, write a secret happy letter on a piece of paper and leave it inside the book - when someone takes that book out they will find a happy letter in the book!!
- Let someone go in front of you in line!!
- Bake a yummy desert for a neighbor!!
- Fill a jar with candy, label it the "Kindness Jar," then give it to a family member or someone in your neighborhood.
- If you know someone who is sick, make a "get well soon" card for them.
- If you have some books that you don't read anymore, donate them to your local library!!
Also shout-out to the Rotary Club of East Hartford for letting me speak about my campaign for kindness at their meeting!!