Monday, May 9, 2016

This Friday, May 13th is Kindness Day!

Hello guys! It's Elena again - can you even believe it's May?? School is almost out!! Who is excited? I know I am!! 

But we still have to keep up our kind acts!! Kindness Day is just around the corner and this month I have ten suggestions and a few shout outs . My suggestions this month came from those of you who left me messages on the Hands for Kindness in my office at Connecticut's Old State House. Thanks for visiting my office !

  1. Donate food, money, or whatever you can to charities
  2. Smile to a stranger 
  3. Help the homeless 
  4. When you pass someone in the street say "hi" - it could make their day!! 
  5. Donate your old clothes to a shelter 
  6. Give your teacher a card saying "thank you" 
  7. Lend your help to someone is in need 
  8. Give your friend a compliment, hug, and high five 
  9. Give spare change to someone who needs it 
  10. Hold the door open for someone 
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Please email me at CKGElena@kidgovernor.org and tell me all about which of these you did this month, or what other acts of kindness you're doing!! 

On to the shout outs!
  • A shout out to Julia and Tess from Hartford who made amazing sidewalk chalk art to spread messages of kindness. 
  • To Alison and Albert from Reynolds School- you got a buddy bench- YEAH!! 
  • To my uncle Chris for donating blood!!
  • Hi to Emily from my school- thanks for the kindness suggestions! 

Last week, my friends and I worked with Connecticut's Old State House to film my next video all about Buddy Benches!! Stay tuned for the upcoming video and learn how YOU can bring a Buddy Bench to your school or community playground!



Keep up the amazing work everyone and talk to you soon!!

- Elena