I once again have ten kindness suggestions for this month's Kindness Day on August 13th!
- Do a chore for your family without them knowing!
- Let someone go ahead of you in line!
- Donate food to you local food pantry!
- Read a book to your younger siblings!
- Make someone else's bed!
- Say "thank you" to service worker!
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen!
- Bring some play dough to a preschool class!
- Make a thank you card for your librarian!
- Visit your local retirement home and visit a resident!
Also, new this month! You can write down your act of kindness for Kindness Day on a paper hand - or your own hand! - and share it through social media using #HandsofKindness. This will share my campaign for kindness with lots of people!
- To the East Hartford Rotary Club for donating eleven Buddy Benches to East Hartford elementary schools!!
- To the HOT Schools Summer Institute for letting me speak at their annual conference and spread the word about kindness!
- HOT Schools Coaches Donna Fitzgerald, Betty Hadlock and Carol Kennedy for their email and support!
- Also big shout out to Joyce Lesich from the Kiwanis Club of Charlottesville, VA - thank you for the email and for helping with the Kiwanis 5k run to benefit kids with medical concerns!!