Saturday, September 9, 2017

Being Kind to Animals on September Kindness Day!

Hi friends, Happy Kindness Day!

This month I am talking about ways to be kind to animals! The 2017 Connecticut's Kid Governor Jessica Brocksom's platform is all about helping animals. So I want to help her get her point across. Earlier this month I visited Jessica's office at Connecticut's Old State House and looked at what people had said that they can do to help animals. I want to share my favorite ten of them with you!
Ta-Da! From the first CT Kid Governor to the next!
  1. I can make an effort not to leave my pet at home for too long.- unnamed
  2. I can make an effort to not leave my trash outside because I know it can hurt animals.- Grace
  3. I can treat my pet like family. - Jayla
  4. I can respect animals. - Daniel
  5. I can make an effort to play with my animal everyday. - Ashie
  6. I can do a can and bottle drive to raise money for animals. - Julia
  7. I can treat animals that way I want to be treated. - Leah
  8. I can learn about animals to keep them healthy. - Sarah
  9. I can give my time at a local animal shelter. - Chelsey
  10. I can put a container of water on the street on a hot day to help stray cats and dogs. -Camila
I hope you enjoyed this month's blog post!

I'd love to hear about ways that you're being kind to animals or what your kindness suggestions are! Email me at CKGElena@KidGovernor.org.

Talk to you next month!

-Elena